I find it makes a nicer collage to use 5 week format. This will end up an every 5 weeks blog.
2. When the days begin to lengthen, then the cold begins to strengthen.
3. Egg production is down in the winter months. Eleven hens, two eggs. '
4. New recipe--smoked sausage and potato hash. It was good, too.
5. I love a fire, it's so warm and cozy on these cold days this week.
6. This is the coldest it's been so far this winter. We haven't seen cold like this for a decade or more.
7. Anthony's father turned this wooden plate for me on his lathe. It's my camera's home.
8. Doughnuts belong with snow, even though we haven't had much snow this winter, we wanted doughnuts anyway. They are pretty good dunked in cocoa for the salivary impaired.
9. A handsome young couple.
10. Lynette's favorite breakfast. I make it nearly everyday, and have it down to a fine science. It is sitting under the griddle to keep warm at 7:45 am.
11. Knitting 101 at the library. I know how to knit, but wanted to make sure I was doing it right. I think I know more that the leader of our little group.
12. I HAVE MY COMPUTER BACK AFTER THREE WEEKS FOR REPAIRS!!!! And a pile of stuff to do.
13. Finally, long enough hair to do something with, thanks to my daughter.
14. Happy Valentine's Day. The ladies in this house both rated roses this year. Two dozen red for Lynette, 1 dozen pink for me (my favorite). The man of the house got cashews. His favorite.
15. I have been scrapping like crazy on Lynette's book. Hers are done to the end of 2013.
16. Game night with friends. I love Blokus, but you need 4 people to play, so it's nice to play with someone else.
17. Now I'm working on my book. I'm done to the end of 2012, and I cleaned up the room which was covered stem to stern with supplies. I'm waiting on 2013 photographs to start again.
18. Library knitting class, one dishcloth finished another started.
19. I make my own pancake syrup. I like to seal it so it keeps or to give it away.
20. More snow. A lovely powdery dusting again.
21. I make homemade noodles for everything except tuna chowder. I'm not sure why, but that's the way it is. We had beef and noodles this day, with some leftover for later.
22. Jim is replacing the sheetrock in the garage, ceiling first.
23. Game night again, just Jim and I, waiting for something, but I can't remember what now.
24. The Millers, more scrapping.
25 We had cardinals visiting our tree. I was sicker than a dog this day. I had a fever and couldn't go to knitting class, but my camera zoom came through.
26. Sunset, about 6:00
27. Sunrise, 7 am.
28. Finished another graduation afghan.
1. My oldest daughter moved closer into a new house.
2. This seems to be the way we start out the month this winter. March is coming in like a very cold lion.
3. Every week day morning this is my view. Sunrise through the kitchen window.
4. It's beautiful and a little different every day.
5.Lettuce is good for the heart.
6. Re-purposed sweater sleeves stuffed with plastic bags to hold boots up straight.
7. Life happens, and I didn't take a photo this day. So Christian gets tomorrow's photos now and then. He can stand alone, especially when he is holding something. He also is opening cupboard doors, and not falling over while he does it.
8. He loves to push this little stroller, when he runs up against something, he goes around to the front and pushes it that way until it is clear, then he goes around and pushes by the handle.
Weather seems to be the main topic of conversation this winter. It has been colder than it has been for a long time, with very little snow. We have had a few nice days, too. It's just that it's been frigid for a few days, then we see 40 degree days, then back again to single digits. It's the mood swings that are hard to bear.