Friday, June 1, 2018

Remembering May

I sure have fallen down on the job of regular blog posts.  However, since this is MY blog, I can do whatever I want with it.  However, again, I really want to have a snapshot, or a little more, of our life and the life of our grandchildren, with the idea of making them into books someday.  
So, that's all it may turn out to be--snapshots.

May was an extremely busy and picture worthy month.  
I finished my stint of watching the boys everyday with their field day.  
Both girls graduated from college and we went to New Hampshire.  
There was a family reunion, Christian's birthday party, and Tee-Ball games.
And a rained out Memorial Day Picnic that was supposed to take place at The Farm.
A few other things happened that weren't so important as well.  I ran into a turkey and got a new feather duster out of the bargain and our place turned into a studio for our neighbor's tractors. 
All of these events involve a great many pictures, more than anyone ever needs to look at and hang onto.  In this digital age, I always take far more that I need so that I can pick and choose.  The problem then, is which ones to pick.  It's easy to get rid of the blurry ones. 

May 3--Field Day
Preschoolers don't get to participate in field day events and Christian was indifferent about staying to watch the others boys.  It was cold and damp, which made it worse..  I find I love to watch my grandkids perform.  I enjoy it a whole lot more than my own kids.  
Something happens when you turn into a grandparent.

Ping pong balls instead of eggs.

Skipping race 


50 meter dash
y

Same again.

Zane got first in this event, outstripping the competition by several feet.  
Here he goes. 



Tee Ball


Christian's favorite thing about tee ball is going to the concession stand. 
So, we would have him only get one thing at a time.


Barry 

Zane 

Last Day of School




It really isn't a feather duster, poor turkey.  I tried to get out of the way.

Tractor Studio 

Christian is 5 

Rained out Memorial Day

Home  


Robin Eggs 

Robin Babies 

Christian picked poppies 

This picture isn't mine, but it's my grandkids having a lot of fun after a rain. 

Events not covered in this post will be covered another day.








No comments: