Saturday, December 1, 2018

It's Snowing Today

It's snowing today.  
It's been snowing since we got up in the dark.  
We are expecting a a big storm resulting in lots of snow.  
I was out early.  I couldn't resist.  There wasn't much wind and the it was snowing heavily.  
I went out and scooped a path to get the paper.  I scooped the very wet half inch of the stuff off the sidewalk and a shovel width to Jim's shop, just for fun, since he had joked about it.  '
There isn't much to do outside at my age.  The snow is too heavy and wet to even think of attacking the driveway, unless I want to be laid up with back problems.  
So, I walked "around", which is what we call the half mile circle running through our little neighborhood.  
I have always enjoyed being out in the snow, especially when it's "perfect," which is was this morning.  Heavy snow, little wind, 33 degrees, perfect. 
If that temperature dips a little more, there will be a mess out there.  
Ice, covered with who knows how much snow.  We are getting predictions above 8".  
The storm seems to have settled in above us to snow itself out. 
The wind is picking up a bit and snow is falling off the trees which is a good thing, as the evergreens have been sagging under the heavy, wet stuff. 

I came in soaking wet to hang my coat by the fireplace.


Jim likes this way to spend a snowy morning.  
He has since gone out to out shop to paint tractor parts. 


No comments: