Friday, June 5, 2020

Life Well Lived

Eight years ago I came home from the hospital after having surgery for my sinus tumor.  
I don't remember much of the time in the hospital and somehow I thought we came home from 
the hospital on the day before our 25th anniversary, but in checking the blog post of the time 
it was the 5th not the 7th of June.  
At one time we thought of taking a big vacation to celebrate 25 years, but instead I had cancer.
I found the following article in the June Reader's Digest.



"Life Well Lived
On our 13th wedding anniversary, we didn't go to Mexico as we'd planned.  Instead, on that day when we had avowed ourselves for better or worse, my husband helped me down the steps and into his car and took me to physical therapy.
This is the metaphor. Sometimes -- many times -- both in life and in marriage, you hope for the sunset overlooking the ocean off a deserted beach, but what you get is a drive to physical therapy.  That's OK. Maybe that's actually how it should be."
Excerpted from The Book on Being 40(ish) edited by Lindsey Mead




 

No comments: