Monday, March 14, 2022

It Really Is There




As anyone who has read my current posts will know that I am obsessed with words and phrases at the moment. It is remarkable how many come up in our everyday language.  My dad has been collecting them from the "old men" (pardon me, Dad) that exercise at the same time he does.  I notice them in books, the news and in other people.  I have used at one time or another most of those words and phrases.  
When Jim's sister, Bonita was here, I asked her if they used that sort of language in New England, and they don't.  It may be a "middle of the country" and southern sort of thing. 
Anyway, one of the sayings I use quite a bit, and it really doesn't qualify in my list, is "and there you are" when making a point or finishing up a thought.  The last line in that paragraph reminded me of it, and there you are!

No comments: