Thursday, October 29, 2009

Who needs toys?


I know it has ONLY been 17 years since I had a baby this size, but I have come to the conclusion that the baby toy industry is a over-rated. There are so many beautiful, brightly colored, child engineereed for the "right" age out there and all the Zane wants is the box, or forks, or card games, or my billfold. Just as long as it is something dangerous, or something I don't want him to get into and it can hold his attention for a long time. Long enough for him to be quiet and I'm wondering what he's up to. Even at this age.... I knew this once. They don't need red and yellow phones, or "look like" computers. They can get by with the real thing.

3 comments:

gkey said...

oh how true that is!
I was reminded of a picture of H about this age with the contents of my purse strewn all around her and she was happy as can be....

Anonymous said...

They love everything they see big people using!

Anonymous said...

oh yes! and drawers full of the REAL life stuff! (And less than 17 years....!!)
MJ