Sunday, October 1, 2017

September 2017

The nights are cooler, the sun rises later and sets earlier, a few leaves are changing color and blowing in the wind, and it's the first of October.  
"Where have the days gone?"is a familiar cry.
The end of the year is coming and what have I done to fill my days?

Knitting mostly.


Here are some days of September. 

Our pullets have starting laying eggs.  


Jim went to the State Fair.  There is a guy standing at the top of the ladder.


And down he goes.  Not my idea of a fun time!


Our dear Lynette and Anthony have settled into their home.  They have to walk up a flight of stairs to get there, but at the end is a charming patio to enjoy their supper. 


I'm walking again.  When Jim and I buy shoes the laces are incredibly long.  Either long laces are the fashion or we have skinny feet.  Too bad some of our other body parts aren't skinny. 


Miss Paislee


The first day of fall.  That's 9:04 PM!!


The sun comes up on that first day of fall directly opposite the dining room window.  I've watched it swing from here far north past our pine trees, and now I will watch it swing away to the south.  


Before sunrise from flaming red and bright yellow to periwinkle and indigo blue.



Miss Paislee


Paislee came to visit the other day.  I'm so glad she is comfortable at Gramma's house. 



She is at the age and stage that she will try to climb whatever she sees.  That day it was the coffee table.  She couldn't make the couch. 




She and Christian got to playing a game, where she would push at Christian and he would "fall off". 
I don't know how it got started. Likely Paislee touched him and he made a big show at the first.
She caught on quickly and when Lorene and I laughed they kept it up.
It is hard not to laugh with the little ones enjoying themselves.





I didn't realize they were coming until after I was in the middle of sorting my knitting supplies, thus a messy couch.

School has started again and I'm watching the boys. Christian in school half days so we have a few hours together before we walk to pick up the other boys from school.



1 comment:

Renee said...

I always enjoy your posts!!