Sunday, January 16, 2011

Time Goes By So Fast

In case you haven't noticed, it is January already.  Not only that as of today we are half way through January, and I don't really know where the rest of it has gone.  I should have the W-2 forms ready to go and be thinking about getting stuff ready for working on taxes for our business.  I said THIS year is going to be different.  Well, it is different all right, but so far not in the taxes direction. 

So, pretending it isn't January, but back in December, where so many things happened in one week back there, that it is almost unbelievable.  Here is Part 1 of the Unending, Very Long, Too Exciting, Unbelievable Week.

We very often celebrate, our end of the year birthdays on Christmas weekend, since it is a good time for our family to gather together.  Or rather we celebrate whenever we DO get together, whichever holiday weekend it is.  This year, we celebrated Christmas weekend since it just worked out that way.  There are way too many involved circumstances that I am not going to go into here, why or who ended up at our house for a few days.

Lorene would turn 19 on January 3, and Zane, 2 on the last day of the year, so my folks came down to eat cake and watch present opening.  I very carefully made two cakes, one for each of the celebrants, thinking about being able to pull off cake baking and decorating for an upcoming reception.  Well, IF I would have read the frosting recipe more carefully, it might have been more of a success, as it was, the frosting was better to look at, than eat. 

Lynette drew the car, I can't remember who did the border.

This one is mine, and would be fine except for the caterpillery '19'.  I rather like the squiggles.

Thar she blows!

Wagon from great-grampa.

Trike from Grandpa.

I just love this picture of auntie and nephew.

This is just a funny little picture of Zane licking a ball of ice, that Nathan made with a balloon.  It was cold those days.

So to sum up the first part of the week, Thurs. company came, and we had birthday party.  Friday we made plans for a big dinner and played games.  Saturday we ate our big dinner, and cleaned up and ate leftovers and cleaned up again. Sunday, the company went home and we began to pack for our skiing trip, leaving on Monday. 

End of Part 1.  Come back in a couple of days for part 2.

No comments: