Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Ides of August

August 15, 2015
However,  the Ides of August are the 13th, only March, May, July and October have Ides on the 15th, all the rest of the months it's the 13th, and has something to do with the full moon, and if you want to know why on earth this mattered to the Romans, look it up.

The 15th is a very important day since it is the day my daughter came flying back home to us from a very long way away.  It's not so bad to have your daughter 4000 miles away in Spain, when you can talk to her often through facebook.  Who knew phone calls can be made through facebook?
 Everyone except me, apparently.
The hardest part for me were the days she wasn't happy. Then I worried.  I didn't have to worry where she was because I talked to her. I saw her photos on facebook.  
She emailed me about her weekend experiences.  

So, here we are at another half month blog post.  Some really exciting things happened this month. 
Lynette came home safe and sound from Spain and Zane started first grade, not necessarily in that order.  School starts so ridiculously early in our part of the world, that Zane went to school before Lynette got back from her study abroad in Spain.

August 13th
The first day of first grade for Zane.
The other boys thought they should be part of the party. 

Zane was in Litchfield last year, but Pleasanton will  be more convenient for everyone.  



August 15th
It's fun to be able to watch the plane come in and know my daughter is on it.
She landed late in the afternoon.

And here she is.  Too bad I was in a hurry to get her smile that the photo is quite horrible.
But, the smile is priceless.

One of the funniest things that happened this month, is when I cut my debit card up to throw away, it landed just like this photo shows into an egg shell. 


I eat wheat cereal nearly every day for breakfast.  
It looks so pretty with the blueberries and yogurt.



No comments: