Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Remembering

I took a trip down memory lane today. 
Actually, I've been taking a trip down memory lane for the last little while.
About 2 weeks ago we received the sad news that a dear friend has a sinus tumor.  
Here in the same state, a friend of mine, someone my age, our children have grown up together....
 a SINUS TUMOR!!??!!
No one has ever heard of sinus tumors, it isn't something that doctors even think about, and here are two people in the same state who know the fear and uncertainty of having a fast growing tumor in their head.
I feel anxious as I write this, I feel anxious every time I think about it, I feel anxious anytime I talk about it.  
It's like going back three and a half years and remembering.
Remembering the fear, the anxiety, the surgery, the treatment, the hospital stays, the pain, the recovery.  
I don't know what the road my friend will travel will be like.
It won't be the same as mine, but some of the signposts will be all too familiar.   

This time though, I'll be on the other side, and yet by her side.  I'll be watching and yet with her in spirit, because I know what it is like to be where she is.  
I went in unsure and came out fighting.  

And because I was fighting, I know she can, too.  



3 comments:

Bonita Sue said...

Yes, unbelievable, isn't it. The quote says it all. One thing about hard experiences is that they give you the authority and confidence to reach out to someone who is facing the same thing. Many people were there in heart with you/them yesterday during surgery.

The Chairman's Wife said...

B just told me about this. Though I don't know her, I was sure thinking of her and her family and will be. Glad you can be a help in ways no one else can.

Darcie said...

You will be the perfect one to walk beside her. We all do have strange twists and turns on this journey called life, huh? Hoping the best for her.