Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Zane

Grandchildren bring busyness, mud, hugs and kisses, mess, and pleasure.  They also bring new social opportunities. It's that time of year again...
School Christmas Concerts.

Zane has changed schools from a small one with 5 students in his class to a larger one in a closer town with 20.  He is doing very well there.  He is doing better in a larger class, since there is more than one...well, that likes lots of attention.  

He's grown enormously this summer and that keeps his mother buying clothes to fit.  He's all dressed up and ready to go.  


We enjoyed the time, the 1st through 3rd graders sang all together and they did a pretty good job, too. 
Once we picked out Zane, he was easy to watch and it was plain to see that he was enjoying himself.  One year makes a big change. He sings, keeps up with the crowd in the actions; he has good control of himself.  

Zane is a busy, adventurous boy, and sometimes he is hard to keep up with in his zest to keep busy. 
I really like to have him help me in the kitchen; he really likes to mix things up.  I have to keep one step ahead of him or too many eggs will end up in the recipe.  
I'm glad to see him settling in to his learning environment to get the most out of school.
It was been so much fun to see him learning to read.  I think I was too busy looking after my own kids, and I missed that part when it happened to them.  His mother reads to him and that is the very best thing to turn your kids into book lovers and readers.  

Even so, no classroom where Zane is will be boring.  

No comments: