Thursday, August 30, 2018

Healing Begins

More than a week has passed.  The plastic cover over my new BAHA post with snap fastener is exposed to the air. My doctor doesn't expect to see me again for three months when the hearing tests and device fitting will occur.  I won't see him unless the site gets infected, but they don't act like that is a big concern, although we were given explicit instructions on what to look for and how to react and when to call and get our bods to Omaha.  

This was our day on Tuesday.  
This morning our alarm rang at 4:45 and we left the house through intermittent fog for Omaha.  We would have liked to linger for a few outdoor minutes at our favorite Milford rest are, but as I didn't have enough jacket for the 50 degree temps, we decided to forego that and continued on our way. We got to to office at 8:30, and were ushered into the examining room at 9:10, and after a quick pull-off of the plastic cover and unwinding of the corn wrapped around the post and approval rating of 0 (which is good), we were on our way out fo the parking lot at 10:45 to get home at 1.  A long trip for a short exam.  I was VERY pleased that the area looks so good.  I know someone else, who had horrible problems with infection.  I hope I am spared that.  We have to watch and clean the spot of course.  I would really like to get by with no infection.  I've had so many other problems. 
I wanted Jim to help me with the first hair washing that hadn't been done per doctor's orders since the surgery.  I was a little bit nervous about the newly placed rod that isn't firmly grown in.  I have to, after washing, dry that spot with a hair dryer.  No more drip drying hair, ever.  That spot HAS to stay dry.  I wonder about swimming?  So, I went out and bought a hair dryer.  I haven't owned one for decades, although their presence has not been unknown in this house because I have two girls. 


So, the waiting begins. 

No comments: