Wednesday, September 26, 2018

It's Not Monday Anymore

Today is Monday
Today is Monday
Monday wash day
All you hungry brothers, we wish the same to you. 
Only today is Wednesday.
On Monday I thought I should write a post about trash day.
Today is Monday
Today is Monday
Monday trash day....

Monday is trash day at our house. 
 Early that morning Jim heard the trash man coming and hurried to get the kitchen trash into the container before he came.
That made a total of two Walmart sized bags in the container.  

We don't generate much trash around here. 
We just don't buy stuff.  
I do recycle, but even then, it takes me a few months before my 3 laundry hamper sized recycle bins are ready to go.  

I made a goal this year not to spend any money on clothes.
I haven't.
I have picked up a couple pair of free shoes.
I think the idea should have been no new articles of clothing come into the house. 
I have snitched a dress of Lorene's I want to remodel, but that would mean buying some lace and I'm trying to decide if that is clothing or no.  

We did some other things this week besides not buy anything but a few groceries.

We got eggs.  Lots of eggs.
We don't need to buy groceries even.

Sept.22nd
14 eggs


Sept.23rd
15 eggs

Sept 24th
16 eggs 

I've been trying to get outside for a little bit everyday and work in my flower garden.  
Yesterday I was bombarded with Monarch butterflies so I started snapping photos to try to get a good one.  
I got one by aiming randomly because by the time they are focused in the view finder, they are off somewhere else. 


We had Zane over for the weekend.  I'm finally feeling normal, (a month out of surgery) so we went on a bike ride.  We rode 5 and a half miles.  Zane was impressed.  We were also impressed that he stuck with Jim and helped dig potatoes.  He got money for that job.  We want him to know that working equals money. 

Before he came, Lorene took the boys to a pumpkin patch where they got lots of pumpkins and short pony rides.  I asked Zane who enjoyed that most, he said, "Barry."






I have too many mugs in my cupboard, but I didn't like this way of choosing which one to discard.  This mug we got with a little plant when Lynette was born, but I lost it dropping it on my
Pioneer Woman measuring cup in the dishwasher.
I got a cut on my finger arranging it to take a picture.  


Miss P is two and very much her own person. 








No comments: