Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What I'm Reading...

Eden's Outcasts, by John Matteson


I've never read much non-fiction, but I always go look at the new books in the library, and since I'm a big fan of Louisa May Alcott, I picked this one up and really enjoyed it.  It was an interesting way to get information into my head; I feel like I'm learning something when I read non-fiction.

I feel it is good for my brain to read "information" books, and I don't tend to think I need to sit down and read and can't get up and get anything done.  For one thing, they are usually too long to do that, and for another I usually already know the ending.

And I am learning things, in this book, I looked up calomel , since I didn't know what it was.  It's mercury and was used for fighting infections.

I especially enjoy learning new words.


No comments: