Saturday, February 25, 2017

I'm Too Old For This

There are times and seasons for all things.  
Especially raising children.  
We had some very nice days last week and since I think children should spend more time outside than in, especially when inside involves electronics.  
Barry is one of those kids who gets bored pretty easily inside, 
all the more so when his DS thingy doesn't work.  
So we went out. 
I needed to get back into exercise mode so I thought it would be good for me.  
We walked 5 long blocks to a nice little hill to bike down (the boys were on their bikes), and back again. Then we walked home.  Then we went again, this time I was pulling Christian in the wagon. '
On the way home I had an eye migraine.  
After several weeks of no walking, I was puffed.  
Wednesday, I took the kids to the park right after school with a little picnic, hoping we could forego the walking.  They had a lovely time, but we walked again anyway. 
The boys played on their playset for a good while that afternoon so I could just sit around and take pictures, but I still felt like I had been run over by a truck at the end of that day!


I love it when these boys play well together.  They do, most of the time. 


So, I walked Thursday before the rain, Friday before the biggest snow, and today before the wind.  I put my snow pants on the last two days because even at 32 on Thursday and 20 on Friday the 'feel like' temps, were 8 and 5 respectively.  

We went 'home' last weekend.  I wanted to see for myself how my dad was doing after his surgery, He is doing as well as can be expected after extreme 'surgery shock' that resulted in an extra two week stay in the hospital.  It takes time after surgery to recover.  Anesthesia and pain pills have to be considered as well as the twiddling inside the body.  The older a person is, the longer it takes.  Dad did too much the day after surgery.  Even with my recent ear surgeries (it's been a year now, yay!), that don't seem like a big deal, I would go to bed for three days.
Lynette and Anthony came up for a quick day trip and stayed for lunch.  We took a mini tour of my home town and stopped for a picture of the famous horse swing.  There are pictures of me at 2 or 3 years old on this horse.  So, that makes it ...... how old?   


Little Miss Paislee 6 1/2 months.  



I told Lorene I was tired after looking after those boys.  
She said, "so am I."

Raising children is for the young.  


1 comment:

Anita said...

That little Missy is going to be walking very soon!