Friday, April 7, 2017

Mind-Boggling

It was windy again today.  I didn't realize just how windy until I went outside to hang clothes on the line.  It was one of those days where the clothes will dry quickly and if left too long will go visit the neighbors.  
I had a busy morning wasting a good deal of time and then had second breakfast, got some work done and had lunch when Jim came home and we started to make plans to go to Omaha to pick up a pickup we have for sale up there that is not selling.  
That was 1:00 and in order to be there before closing it meant putting aside my going to town plans and I ran to bring in the mostly dry clothes from the line since I didn't think it was a good idea to leave them for 6 + hours.  
We didn't go, however, since the company that is trying to sell it for us is going to bring it closer to home and we'll let them try one more time.  
So, I had to go to town after all.  Friday is normally my 'buy groceries day' and I had my lists and my order of stops, and I forgot to buy salt.  Grrrr.

This last week wasn't quite like all the other weeks in one respect.  
I am still cleaning out rooms and closets. I'm still knitting and cooking and washing clothes and cleaning house and all that.  
The only thing really different is that I didn't go to Lorene's on Wednesday.  She didn't have class.  I was there on Tuesday.  I spent Wednesday finishing up the guest room and went on to the clean up the house mode, when Jim texted at 4:30 that company was coming for supper and might stay the night.  Most nights I have meals planned for two people only so I had to think fast.  
With hamburger in the freezer and potatoes under the sink and lettuce in the fridge, I got supper on in record time only to find out that Jim told our company 6:30 instead of 6 so I had time to play the piano while we waited.  
I also had to run downstairs and make up the beds in the guest room down there 'just in case', because that was an important spot in a mad game of hide and seek in which the participants ranged in age from 3 years to 23.  

Then on Thursday, I took the boys to school because Lorene was due to have her car repaired at 8 am.  I came back home to see to a sick Lynette hoping against hope that I wouldn't have to go back and get Barry.  I did.  And then since first the shop said they couldn't do the repair that day and Lorene went shopping, they said they COULD do the repair and she didn't get home until 4!  
It was a nice day and Barry and I spent the afternoon outside swinging and killing the first flies of summer.  Then, we walked to the 'biking hill', and Barry rode down the hill, and stomped spruce cones and picked up pretty rocks until time to get Zane from school.
Zane was rather dismayed to find he had to walk home.  He was more worried about 'not having enough time to show me his new video game'.  
Hah!

Breaking Paislee in early on the bike. 

What big eyes you have! 

We had a tree burning party as the first step to tidying up the place for a summer wedding.  
Now if the wind will just stop blowing branches down.  


Jim didn't work Thursday afternoon a week ago, and not on Friday either.  So, it felt like we had three Saturdays in a row.  Jim didn't help matters by trying to trick me on Friday into thinking 
it really was Saturday.
  
On our fridge. 

Today's note says, "The Kleeb Alzheimer Unit, where confusion is normal."
I was going to write something else, but I can't remember what it was. 

Quotes for the week.



No comments: