Tuesday, February 23, 2016

It's Worth It

If you think eggplant is good.
You should try any other food.
It’s much better.
(The only thing good about an eggplant is looking at it.)

Sometimes, a week goes by in a hurry.  Sometimes a week goes by without taking any photos.  That wasn't this week, but I didn't take very many photos.  

Health Update:
We went to Omaha again on Monday for a two-weeks-from surgery post-op check up.  I'm sorry that my doctor is only in on Monday afternoons because 3:00 appointments make for long days.  He removed the stitches, and I was rather surprised how painful that was.  Just imagine pulling out rather thick hairs...slowly.  
So, we are still on ear drops and antibiotics, and "come back again in two weeks."

I was looking at my calendar to see what I did last week.  There was nothing there.  I think one of my resolutions should be to put a few notes there everyday.
We aren't talking resolutions around here until March.

 Thursday night we went to Lorene's for supper.  It is always nice to see them.  We like to spend time with the boys, but it's hard to spread ourselves out with all the things that need shown and told.  Zane and Barry are getting old enough to play games so we ended the night with the kid's version of 'Apples to Apples'.  The weekend sped up from there.  Lorene and the kids stopped in again on Friday.  I had an extremely annoying and very long phone call with our phone/internet company.  All I wanted was to find out two forgotten email passwords.  What ensued was a very long conversation to change all four email passwords with a man I could hardly understand and who could hardly understand me.  I don't hear well, even on the phone and an accent doesn't help.  Then, my voice isn't very loud and often raspy, so it wasn't all that great on his end, either.  After a call that needed every ounce of patience on both sides, we were so relieved when it was all over we could end with an audible smile.
I was earlier on the phone with the business end of the same service but I don't remember what that was about and I'm not going to spend my energy to try to remember it.  I mean, phone calls take so long nowadays. Click one if you want English, click two if you want to listen to the animated servies, click three if you want to talk to someone who's first language is Albanian, click four if you want to change to a more expensive service, click five if you want to hear the list all over again.  Click nine to end this call.  WHERE are the people!!  I don't call unless I want to talk to someone. I do like chatting.  The typing is better than trying to talk and listen.  However, passwords cannot be done through chat.
During this phone call, the boys were shut out of the room, but part way through the call, Zane and Barry sneaked in, closed the door behind them, pulled the Lego box quietly out, and began to play.  The amazing thing about this is that they played: without clattering the Legos and whispering as they played.
Seriously, believe me!! a 7 and 4 year old boy playing so quietly they did not disturb my phone call.
I gave them lots of cookies when I was done.
Then Saturday, we went to a work project where Jim spent the day framing and I spent the day chatting with cousins and helping cook supper for 20 people.  I tired myself out more than I thought I would.  I'm not used to standing so much.
Sunday I was tired and had a nap.
Monday I was tired after a 6-hour drive in the pickup and pulling a trailer behind.
Today I am taking it easy.

On our way to the doctor we picked up a couple reels of pipe on the way. We've done this before.  Jim gets the reels loaded up on the trailer and we leave the trailer at the 'store' until we are on our way home again.  We had a little time to spare so Jim left me at the Good Will, while he filled the pickup with diesel.
I found these.
And a Zane Grey, but it won't photograph well.

I also found these on facebook since I forgot to take my camera on Thursday.

And....drum roll please....
The only photo I took this week. 
(We are not paying attention to the one with the books)

I love this crazy little plant.  It is some sort of cactus-y thing because it has spikes all over the stems.  It doesn't take much water, two ice cubes per week.  My son gave it to me on Mother's Day last year. And it blooms every so often.  These tiny blooms, a touch smaller than 1/4" across cheer me up immeasurably.  It is always amazing if I can keep a plant alive for any length of time and even more so if it blooms when it is supposed to.  It looks like there are several other blooms waiting to happen,  I've never had more than three at a time before.  

1 comment:

Renee said...

I enjoyed your weeks recap and especially enjoyed being a PART of your week!! Thanks for coming and for all the lovely help on Saturday!!!!!!!