Thursday, January 12, 2017

You Can't Go Home Again--To Stay

Leaving home this morning was more difficult than normal.  This view is what I called home for the past 23 years.  I never understood what was meant by the saying, "it's hard to grow up", but I do now.

         --Anthony Troyer




When I first left home I was glad to go.  I wanted to be doing new things and getting on with my life.  It was two years before I got homesick, halfway through college.
Home, for most of us is a refuge, a safe place, a loving place.  
The place where I grew up and the people and places surrounding that time are a part of me forever.  
They are the places I will remember when everything else is forgotten. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                

1 comment:

Anita said...

Did Anthony write this? I'm trying to remember if I've ever been at his parents' place. I echo the sentiments of the author!