Saturday, January 16, 2010

Family Fun Part 1

I suppose you are wondering why part 2 of this family fun series was published before part 1.

I'm not exactly sure.

Most of it is poster's privilege, I suppose, but closer to the truth is the other one came together more quickly than this one, and this one was already started.

I am finding a problem with this blogging already. I have defect that has hindered my scrapbooking and I was hoping it wouldn't overlap, translate, interfere, ....

I CANNOT think of the word I want. I want one that exemplifies the relationship between these two mediums of creativity than is going to cause me to want to blog/scrapbook/journal every minute of my life. (That's the defect)

I don't know what part of my deep dark past have formed that particular piece of my character and I don't believe in going back to find out, I subscribe to the "get over it and move on" school of thought. (most days)

ANYWAY, I am having a problem some days wondering if what I am publishing on this blog is really important, clever, creative, or necessary. And then, does it really matter? What am I doing this blog for anyway! For ME! So, I can put whatever I want to on it. I enjoy going back and looking at my blog, and the pictures of my family and the things we do together, or separately. I really love the comments that other people take the time to write. But this blog is mostly for me and people who are interested in the little things, and the big things that my family is doing.

So, we shall begin,

Another entry for the
Christmas Holiday Season.

When a family of people gather together in one house to enjoy themselves and each other. In this case there were 16 people and one dog sleeping and eating here, for four days. And 12 minus the dog for two more.

So different people find different ways of entertaining themselves or other people.

Cindy is patching her favorite pair of jeans, that pretty soon will be more patch that jean, and talking on the phone.



Mom with her cup of tea or hot water, taking a well deserved break. She's always right in there with help with the food and the dishes.



Max entertained himself by finding the warmest spot in the house.


Lynette tried hard to make friends with Max.


Caught on Camera!! Proof!! Nathan will play a board game on occasion. Preferably one that involves a lot of money.


Zane is helping with the dishes.


Titus enjoys putting things together, and that is one of the reasons he likes Jim. Jim is one of the best "put-er of things together" and he lets Titus help.



A big contender for the list of "things to do with a lot of people in the house" is the GAMES. I grew up playing games and there is always some sort of game going. We have really enjoyed playing 5 Crowns these last two winters and we played that one a lot. Dad didn't like it, he lost big every time.

Contemplating the next move.


The next most popular time waster, err...activity. was the electronic games and computers and phones.




And then the NEW GAME! Called "Thing", it involves writing a sentence that satisfies the card picked for the round, like "Some thing you wouldn't want for a pet" and then everyone has to guess which one is yours.

Very fun!


Here are the monopoly players. One cutthroat game was already finished. Jim and Cindy had a rematch from an aborted game at Thanksgiving. Jim loves Monopoly and so does Cindy and they play until the very long end. I don't play monopoly, and if by some chance I am talked into it, I take my crocheting with me to do between plays, buy up everything I can and then as I am getting squeezed to death by more vigorous players, sell out and go do something more profitable.


And the game that got the most comments was this one.

To play: get 5 boys that have been inside for several hours because there is a blizzard going on outside and a ball pit with 170 balls.

Playing area: a living room with 6 other people and one dog in it.

Object: Throw balls as fast and hard as you can at the other players in the game, avoiding the extra people in the playing area.

To Lose: Throw them at Cindy patching her jeans and if you hit her one more time, she will put everyone down for a nap.






Wouldn't you like to come next time?

We have a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog. I looks like your family really knows how to have fun! I would love to learn how to play 5 crowns. Years from now when you look back at this it will be priceless!

...Ruth

The J's said...

I blog for myself also, even tho I love the comments from others.
The blogging fulfills my desire for journaling
that I have always wanted to do and can't seem to do by hand.
I envy those of you who can write so well, I believe it's the love of reading that makes me want to write. The desire to express the thoughts that are inside like other writers are able to do.
Since I fail in the "saying it well part" I just post, and let it be. It's just me, our life even tho poorly expressed.
I enjoy seeing your life thru your blog!