Friday, January 1, 2010

This Time Last Year

It is hard to believe a year has gone by so quickly. Last year at this time we were in the hospital rejoicing that baby Zane arrived safely and was healthy.

It doesn't take very long for a tiny helpless baby to turn into a larger not so helpless baby. Zane is a lucky little boy to be surrounded by a loving, happy family. He is also lucky to be a bright, quick learning child.

Brand New Zane



Sleeping so peacefully in the little sleeper our employee's bought for Zane.


It is easy to take care of a baby in the hospital. The nurses flapped him around with great skill. I didn't do so badly when Zane came home. I guess once you've had babies it all comes back,

mostly.

Watching Lorene figure out how hard a newborn can be, I was reminded of some of the struggles I had with her. Babies aren't so hard, except the first one.

We had only two weeks to get ready for Lorene. It rather amazes me that they hand over these tiny babies to parents that have no clue how to take care of them.

By time our Lynette came along, the nurses considered us experienced parents, which was why we got to take her home at 4 pounds, 10 days after she was born 5 weeks early.

I had a book about babies. I really didn't use it much. The most use it got was when I gave Lorene her first tub bath. I was using the book to show me how as she was screaming her head off. You'd have thought I was pinching her.

Anyway, those two pages are wrinkled.

New Gramma


New Grampa


Lynette and Nathan were visiting in Texas when Zane was born, so they came home to a nephew already home.




I think they like him a little bit.


2009 was a hard year. I learned again the joys of loving a baby. I tried to learn to manage a household of teenagers with a baby thrown in, to manage my stress, and to organize my life a little better. I didn't do as well as I wanted to, but I feel better now about my life than I did then.

Babysteps...babysteps.

Here's to a NEW YEAR--2010!!








3 comments:

The J's said...

Happy New Year dear friend!! Yes, it's been an eventful year!! I love your pictures, and the last one is very precious.
We sure became grandparents in a closer time span together than parents, didn't we! It's a learning process all the way, and I'm so thankful for friends who are beside us!

gkey said...

Dear Shelleykins,
Happy 2010 to you.
I have loved watching your family this year as you all fell in love with little Zane James.
What a precious family you are,
love, thatMiddlefriend

Njos Family said...

Babies change soo much in the first year, it's amazing. Fun to see Zane as a tiny baby. Thanks for sharing.