Saturday, July 7, 2012

Good Advice

'Tis the season to be married, falalala lalala, okay, wrong season. But many people do get married in the summer.  I did.  Well, technically by the calendar I didn't since spring by the calendar isn't over until the 22nd of June or somewhere in there.  

When I was going through my wedding cards a while back I found this one from a dear letter writing OLD friend.  She was old when we first knew her, so she was really old the longer we knew here.  
However, that is really neither here nor there, that isn't the point.  The point is, we didn't really know how dear she should have been to us until it was too late.  
She was one of the great letter writers of the world, and I bet if I would have written her more letters, I would have received more of her wisdom. As it is, I have four very good and precious letters written by her on the occasion of our wedding, and receiving and births of our children.  
This one is our wedding one.



5 comments:

Raimie said...

Dear Auntie Shelley,
What sweet and wise advice! So true that paths of usefulness surround us, there's need for every hand... so sweet when a husband and wife can contribute to the kingdom's work as they hold on to each-other and walk side by side.

Love,
Raimie Lu

Anonymous said...

That little note was very lovely!

It made me feel as I read her spirit-filled words like special blessings were being poured out, encouraging you in the Lord, as a couple. How awesome!

Such a good reminder to remember others! We have a hymn that reminds us to be a blessing while we may! :D

I trust that in God's timing he will help me be willing to settle into becoming one with a man, if that is his will. The problem is I can't find any man willing to have a bible study or pray with me.

This is a great thought of becoming One for all who are married, the workers, or single folks such as myself!

Thanks for sharing!

:D

NanaK said...

That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing something so personal w/us ~ a great reminder to keep united together in our walk w/God!

The J's said...

love this! What a special keepsake. There is something so "real" about a handwritten note. As much as I love our technology for today, really it does not replace the personalization that handwriting gives.
I have a very special one from my MIL stuck away somewhere, and I need to find it, it's been on my mind for a while.

gkey said...

Dear Hand Written treasures,

I love this. Makes me want to dig out a few I have and re-read them. I am wondering if this is Pauline L. Or Pauline M. Could be either one, as they both wrote letters.

love,
Good old advise from loving people never goes out of style
in
NE