Sunday, May 9, 2010

Grampa's Helper

What little boy doesn't love dirt. We have Zane outside with us while we work in the vegetable garden or weed in the flower garden. It does make the task longer, but it also tires Zane out so he sleeps well and long, and I don't get anything done if I just stay inside.

The main problem with having him outside, is that he doesn't want to stay where I am. He wants to wonder all over the place checking things out. If he does happen to want to stay where I am, it's because he wants my tools. He's already lost my best clippers and I haven't seen this 'digger', since this day.

He stole it from Jim not me, and I think Jim had it last, so I don't think it is Zane's losing. It is the best one I have and I would sure like to have it back!!

I was looking after Zane for Lorene as she was getting ready to leave for a graduation reception, so I took Zane outside to play in the garden so he would get his nice looking outfit all dirty.

Well, that really isn't what I intended to do, but that is what happened. Luckily, the outfit didn't show dirt very much and Lorene didn't look at him very closely when she grabbed him.




You notice I didn't say anything about mud.



It was an absolutely gorgeous day. The sky was so blue, the clouds so puffy and white, the world greening up and NO WIND.

It was too nice of a day NOT to go out. And, little boys and dirt belong together.

1 comment:

gkey said...

dear friend, Mother of 3, Gramma of 1

He is growing up one lucky little guy with you all. I am glad you are able to let him "help" outside!

love,
Childhood
So short, So sweet
amidst all the
DIRT
in
NE