Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dear Dear Friends,

I am very, very, very, (insert appropriate number of verys), thankful for all those who have checked this blog the last few days.  It was such a pleasant thought to think of all those people thinking about me.  And then at the end of the day to have the comments to listen to as I settled down for night in the hospital.  

Being so ill in the hospital was rather a surreal experience 
 I was generally wakeful between 1 and 3 am and at that time the PCU floor was very quiet.  I could look out the window on one side of an open ended box, and see the cool white lights that matched mine in the other sides of the box, for a few floors up and down.  It felt a bit like floating in space with no time or dimension.

So, dear ones, Stage two on the journey begins.  Surgery is over, recovery begins. 
Recovery is boring.  It means parking my carcass on the couch and leaving it there. It does not mean I can get up every little bit and put something away and sit back down.  I tried that the first day and crashed and burned painfully.  So, today and yesterday, here I am sitting on the couch, napping, eating, pill popping, relatively pain free. 
People are working around me, and I'm trying not to feel guilty. I feel like I should be doing something.
Anyway, I am ready to go back to regular blog programming.  I'll still keep this updated oftener than usual, just not every day.
Tomorrow is a very special day in my world, blogging or otherwise.  So, we are going to celebrate our 25th anniversary while I sit on my very nice couch and recover.  

And I go the the doctor on Tuesday, hopefully to have the staples removed from my head then

14 comments:

Ruth said...

Enjoy your couch and let people pamper you...you certainly deserve it! Hope every day is a better day.

Anonymous said...

Sit! Stay! Heal! Thinking of you and knowing how hard it is for you who is a care giver, to be on the other end of this. Love your outlook! Keep your knees bent and your chin up. Lynn and Jeanne

Brenda said...

I am so, so, happy your surgery went well. Have thought of you every single day. I think tomorrow is a special day for a special person, who, incidentally, I have never met!

Bonita Sue said...

May I be the first to wish you--happy 25th anniversay!

Bonita Sue said...

Oops--anniversary! So that's why they have the preview option...

Dorothy said...

And may I be the second to wish you HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY! "....to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."
Love you both dearly.

gkey said...

Dear, on the eve of your 25th Anniversary,

I have been waiting for this, to wish you Happy Anniversary... A special day indeed.

Certainly you are proving that "in sickness..." part of your vows now.

Good night.

Maxine said...

Wishing you both a very happy Anniversary!! I know this is not how you would have preferred to spend it, but we (and I know you) are so thankful that you are here & able to celebrate a special anniversary!
Try to enjoy the pampering-I know how hard it would be. But you DO have a lovely couch to enjoy it from!! Hope you have a good weekend, see you when I get back!

Dan & Cyndie said...

Oh, what a special anniversary!! Happy 25th!!! Others have better words about your 'couch' mode, but I so appreciated the thought above "keep your knees bent & your chin up" :)
love you, cyndie

Anita said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Barb from MInnesota said...

I've been reading your blog, since a friend/relative told me about it, but decided that I just have to comment too! I hope you have a wonderful anniversary, in spite of your "condition" right now. I, too, like the one about keeping your knees bent and your chin up! This is hoping that you will improve quickly, and can soon put this "experience" behind you, but keep the positive lessons learned, through it all. May we all learn from what you are sharing with us.
Barb

Darcie said...

SO very glad to hear that you are back home! Now you get to know that couch up close and personal. :-) Make that couch your new best friend! In all seriousness...rest while you can, your body needs it, even if your mind is telling you otherwise. Once again...glad your home! (((hugs)))

Darcie said...

I am now just reading the above comments and realize what your special day is....

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY my friend!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Jim and Shelley!! Didn't know we were married the same year. We will celebrate 25 years in Sept.
You have been in our thoughts and prayers so much. So glad the surgery went well, you will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers as you face the days ahead.
Love to you both from Arizona,

Varrel and Sandi Herndon